Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS / DISCUSSION

4 posters

Go down

IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS / DISCUSSION Empty IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS / DISCUSSION

Post by Ghilliedhu Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:23 am

I'm hoping this thread can serve as a hub to discuss other ideas, hopes, dreams, wishes, suggestions and whatever else you may want to add in to the discussion about the server changes.

The other threads have already been derailed and are more or less to serve as discussion about the originally posted ideas.

I don't imagine that everything posted here will be implemented, but hopefully we can actually generate some positive discussion and offer some suggestions that can compliment or challenge the current ideas.

I will start off by offering 2 suggestions that are meant to compliment the previously posted ideas in the other threads, and I will likely offer some suggestions for relative plug-ins and mods later on.

Suggestion #1 - Regarding the Server Map: Would it be possible to make to make it so, by default, players do now show up on the Server Map for the PVP world? If there was a chat command that could potentially turn this on and off I think that would be pretty awesome. (If people think that the PVP server should be mapped at all)

Suggestion/Question #2 - Regarding MCMMO Skills: Working with Unholy's idea about being rewarded for building, how possible is it to add skills to the already existing list of skills available on mcmmo? If it's easy to edit these I can potentially come up with a lot of great ideas to include beyond the building skill.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS / DISCUSSION Empty Re: IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS / DISCUSSION

Post by lambadaa Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 am

1) PVP is allowed but frowned upon. there is enough rivalry/enmity on this server generated from violence presently and also in the past.
2) War is completely removed. More than once has war proven to destroy relationship between players instead of creating a fun and competitive experience. War forced many players to leave the server in anger and spite and no doubt this will affect the reputation of the server.
3) Mostly vanilla server with some plugins for a better smp experience. From what i have observed, the prime factor for Craftland's success is it's community. everyone is friendly towards one another and helpful. many new players that visited Craftland stayed because they can see how well bonded the society is just from a glimpse. And i will be completely honest, I think that the community of Riftland is terrible when compared to Craftland.

some may be against my ideas. Still, just my two cents.
lambadaa
lambadaa
Fake Admin
Fake Admin

Character Name : lambadaa

https://facebook.com/god.of.pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:44 am

lambadaa wrote:1) PVP is allowed but frowned upon. there is enough rivalry/enmity on this server generated from violence presently and also in the past.
2) War is completely removed. More than once has war proven to destroy relationship between players instead of creating a fun and competitive experience. War forced many players to leave the server in anger and spite and no doubt this will affect the reputation of the server.
3) Mostly vanilla server with some plugins for a better smp experience. From what i have observed, the prime factor for Craftland's success is it's community. everyone is friendly towards one another and helpful. many new players that visited Craftland stayed because they can see how well bonded the society is just from a glimpse. And i will be completely honest, I think that the community of Riftland is terrible when compared to Craftland.

some may be against my ideas. Still, just my two cents.

I am liking the idea of #1 and #2. I am sure that #1 will be tricky to implement as a general rule though, mostly because some people specifically LOVE PVPing, and there are always times when mods aren't on, but we shall see what can be done about it.

As far as wars are concerned, this made me have an awesome idea. Instead of wars being like how they used to be, which eventually lead to people logging in when no mods were on, cheating and destroying hours of work with grenades over silly disputes, consider THIS;

Again, building off of one of Unholy's previously mentioned ideas where there may be a few main "factions" that serve as beginner towns that offer different bonuses and can accept new player-made towns in to their protection. What if, instead of war, the protections were set in a very specific way so as to allow "raiding."

If there was 1 area in each town that could serve as an un-closeable entrance and provide access to the town for enemies, maybe we could implement something that is more or less like a "capture the flag."

For example, say Town A's bonus is that you lose hunger much slower or something. (Totally made up I have no idea what they will be). Say that this ability only works when a certain item or block is in a certain location. Maybe some kind of vault in the city that holds a "power block," and when the block is removed by a raiding enemy, the bonuses are removed from the players who are part of that faction, and when the block is brought back to an opposing town, that town can now reap the benefits.

Totally random idea, but it would eliminate the need for destroying people's stuff and all it would require is some kind of unique protectionless area in each town.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavarin Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 am

sounds good but hard to do how easy can you edit towny so that it gives boneses not only that but to tie it to a block on the map seems like it will be hard to do
Zavarin
Zavarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 am

Zavarin wrote:sounds good but hard to do how easy can you edit towny so that it gives boneses not only that but to tie it to a block on the map seems like it will be hard to do

If we wait until the 1.4 release in a few days the block could be something based on the new beacons instead of being tied in to towny?

Or it could be some kind of rigged custom enchantment table that always gives the same enchantments on whatever armour you put in it with a big cool down?

I'm sure there is some way to achieve very similar effects anyway.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 am

I was thinking this, since some people just love to kill others why not put a bounty on their heads that increases as more people are killed by them. Votifier I will try to add today or tomorrow
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

what server list are you using for the votifier?

also, are you using a bukkit plug-in as a listener?
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am

I got a few lined up, setting them up as I speak. Reward will be one diamond per vote
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down