Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Stance on griefing.

+2
Flapman
Enlighten
6 posters

Go down

Stance on griefing. Empty Stance on griefing.

Post by Enlighten Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

I was thinking the other day about griefing. People disapprove of it everywhere, but I would like your opinion on it and maybe suggest that we go lighter on people who grief maybe one or two blocks and allow that as we have done with PvP? As long as the person doesn't go around griefing and doing nothing else, should we allow the odd explosion of TNT or block damage to emphasise the safety of settlements and for RP's sake? Of course, repeat offenders will be jailed and major offenders banned but this is a very interesting concept to consider.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten
Settlement : Konan

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stance on griefing. Empty Re: Stance on griefing.

Post by Flapman Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 am

It sounds interesting, but then it should be very clear how far soneone can go.
Flapman
Flapman

Character Name : Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronDraconis Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 am

U should make something for players to crack someone's chest...but it must be crafted from something very expensive and it has 1 time ussage. Griefing...NO
Stealing...YEA (but only by roleplay)

If you embrace the ideea of "lockpicking" don't remember to put some sounds to tell if its getting cracked.

U can make:
- Wood lockpicks ( 5% chances)
- Stone lockpicks ( 6% chances)
- Iron lockpicks (15% chances)
- Diamond lockpicks ( 20% chances)
- Other custom material lockpick (40% chances) (Materials mut drop from a hard to kill mob and when I mean hard to kill I mean hard to kill with other players around...not solo)

EDIT: I put such high rates because people are not dumb and not let their chests in the open to be lockpicked...u can fool players to lockpick a chest and lose their lockpick...remember....make them 1 time usage.
BaronDraconis
BaronDraconis

Character Name : BaronDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbaDing Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 am

BaronDraconis wrote:U should make something for players to crack someone's chest...but it must be crafted from something very expensive and it has 1 time ussage. Griefing...NO
Stealing...YEA (but only by roleplay)

If you embrace the ideea of "lockpicking" don't remember to put some sounds to tell if its getting cracked.

U can make:
- Wood lockpicks ( 5% chances)
- Stone lockpicks ( 6% chances)
- Iron lockpicks (15% chances)
- Diamond lockpicks ( 20% chances)
- Other custom material lockpick (40% chances) (Materials mut drop from a hard to kill mob and when I mean hard to kill I mean hard to kill with other players around...not solo)

EDIT: I put such high rates because people are not dumb and not let their chests in the open to be lockpicked...u can fool players to lockpick a chest and lose their lockpick...remember....make them 1 time usage.

Just think how angry (for use of a more child-friendly word) would you be if someone stole all your stuff and how much raging more 'serious' players would do, lockpicking cant be in the game.

Also I think that this minor 'grief-friendly' system is a good idea, but there needs to be VERY clear rules, also with multiple mods/administrators it would be very hard to keep track of who's griefed what and how regularly the griefs occured, good as an idea but needs refining.
BubbaDing
BubbaDing

http://www.chelseafc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IceCold Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Grieving is grieving , no matter how much you grief , instead of allowing grieving for no reason , put in some Situations that the use of grief is allowed , like for example someone claiming your house , or at war perhaps , and as Bubba said , I'm pretty sure it will be hard to control cus such rules can be easily abused , and for the lockpicks , thats a definite No.
IceCold
IceCold

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

This is a sensible idea, BUT! its like drinkin hot cholate, you take a sip and BAM whole mug is empty and your making another one.

I would suggest just closing this door and seal it shut, seriously I would hate to take up that fight.
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down