Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Just 2 rules

+5
IpkYouDrop
Ghilliedhu
Enlighten
DDSLoan96
DanGiZeR
9 posters

Go down

Just 2 rules Empty Just 2 rules

Post by DanGiZeR Thu May 17, 2012 2:46 am

•Leaving in middle of PvP

Some peeps (liampie9 ,onkidonki , ikke4live) leave in middle of fight , or after they shoot but miss etc.
This should be againist rules. And should be temp-banable..

•Using server exploits

Using bugs/glitches by server (Minecraft depends on you Vince) like 1-hit-pistol kills..

Last edited by DanGiZeR on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Just 2 rules Empty Re: Just 2 rules

Post by DDSLoan96 Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

I agree....leaving in the middle of pvp should be punishable. exploits are to be reported to either me or light and will be dealt with and fixed ASAP
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96
Settlement : Konan

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Thu May 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Will implement an anti PVP log out measure soon.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Thu May 17, 2012 11:32 pm

if people are going to start caring about some unspoken PvP etiquete then why don't we make specific areas where the rules are applied.

I don't PvP for fun, but if somebody comes towards me in a daunting manor while I'm out doing my thing I will kill the fuck out of them using any means I please. Occasionally logging out or having a teleport command in your clipboard is a quick and easy way to avoid losing all your shit for PvP AND PvM.

If somebody attacks me and I don't want to PvP I'm going to do whatever it takes to either kill them or leave, regardless of rules. I'm not just going to sit there with my mining gear on and let somebody destroy me because I know it's frowned upon to log out, that's stupid.

So if we are going to start implementing rules we should really consider this. At the very least these rules should ONLY apply in the instance where people agree to engage in PvP for fun or something.

ALSO

1-hit pistol kills are a bug? pretty sure that headhunter1 guy has done that to me about a dozen times.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck

Back to top Go down

Post by IpkYouDrop Fri May 18, 2012 12:03 am

"You Are in Combat, Please Wait Before Logging out"

But they could just close the client :#
IpkYouDrop
IpkYouDrop

Character Name : IpkYouDrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 am

The fact that these rules don't exist in the server yet makes me cringe...
Flapman
Flapman

Character Name : Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbaDing Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 am

I agree with Aleck, this would be wholey unfair if a player was minding their own business and got attacked for no reason and couldn't escape for safety and ended up losing their stuff. My ideas...

1) Teleports and the like were only banned within the arena, but there was a "I challenge you" command where both players are teleported to the arena after a short period of time, eg 2 minutes but it's not optional (obviously there would be a cool down). This would allow people to teleport home to dump stuff and get out weapons.

2) A message could pop up on screen so everyone playing would know and could teleport to watch.

3) Within the command there could be a stakes in the fight and it's a best of 5 and the winner gets the prize.

To me this seems fairer than banning people from logging out when they get back-stabbed

-Bubba
BubbaDing
BubbaDing

http://www.chelseafc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 3:00 am

But what if someone wanted to kill another player secretly. Lots of assassinations occur on the server all the time. If someone is in an area where he can be attacked then he shouldn't have gone there in the first place. This would make the server 100% peaceful... Wasn't the point Dan wanted to originally make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Fri May 18, 2012 3:01 am

Logging out in pvp = cheating = ban
Flapman
Flapman

Character Name : Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Fri May 18, 2012 3:12 am

BubbaDing wrote:I agree with Aleck, this would be wholey unfair if a player was minding their own business and got attacked for no reason and couldn't escape for safety and ended up losing their stuff. My ideas...

1) Teleports and the like were only banned within the arena, but there was a "I challenge you" command where both players are teleported to the arena after a short period of time, eg 2 minutes but it's not optional (obviously there would be a cool down). This would allow people to teleport home to dump stuff and get out weapons.

2) A message could pop up on screen so everyone playing would know and could teleport to watch.

3) Within the command there could be a stakes in the fight and it's a best of 5 and the winner gets the prize.

To me this seems fairer than banning people from logging out when they get back-stabbed

-Bubba

..and welcome to runescape
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 3:15 am

Enlighten wrote:

..and welcome to runescape

Haha agreed. Let there be PvP but without the disconnects. We could have mods and admins monitor it for now until we got a permanent solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Fri May 18, 2012 4:22 am

Actually , peeps shot with crossbow and fails to kill.
When you fight back , they will leave when they are close to death..

Also , PvP is part of game even if you don't want it..

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbaDing Fri May 18, 2012 5:25 am

lets be honest, there is no way to fairly control this
BubbaDing
BubbaDing

http://www.chelseafc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Fri May 18, 2012 5:39 am

BubbaDing wrote:lets be honest, there is no way to fairly control this

THIS.

There will always be exploits, glitches, bugs and errors that will be utilized both on purpose, and by mistake.

Honestly if you are really that in to PvP matches and you care about this ridiculous imaginary set of PvP rules and etiquette, then you can agree upon them before you battle, and if somebody breaks the rules, then don't fucking fight them anymore. It's a pointless and silly waste of time anyway, all it does it break your armour and tools and waste your money and EXP.

The only way to properly remedy it without completely fucking all combat would be to make a tournament-like PvP area somewhere around /spawn so people who are actually interested in the pointlessness of PvP matches can have their shitty battles and lose all their crap in a controlled area.

On the other hand, PvP in the wild and during wars is SUPPOSE to be annoying and SUPPOSE to piss you off. Like I said before, if somebody is trying to kill me I am going to do whatever it takes to not die, I don't care if it's against etiquette or not, this is a video game, not a professional sport.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING;

If you are mad because somebody logged off while you were stalking them and trying to kill them, guess what? You were 100% prepared to be a total fuck and you just got outfucked, so deal with it.

Just 2 rules U09Cu
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

THIS.

There will always be exploits, glitches, bugs and errors that will be utilized both on purpose, and by mistake.

Honestly if you are really that in to PvP matches and you care about this ridiculous imaginary set of PvP rules and etiquette, then you can agree upon them before you battle, and if somebody breaks the rules, then don't fucking fight them anymore. It's a pointless and silly waste of time anyway, all it does it break your armour and tools and waste your money and EXP.

The only way to properly remedy it without completely fucking all combat would be to make a tournament-like PvP area somewhere around /spawn so people who are actually interested in the pointlessness of PvP matches can have their shitty battles and lose all their crap in a controlled area.

On the other hand, PvP in the wild and during wars is SUPPOSE to be annoying and SUPPOSE to piss you off. Like I said before, if somebody is trying to kill me I am going to do whatever it takes to not die, I don't care if it's against etiquette or not, this is a video game, not a professional sport.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING;

If you are mad because somebody logged off while you were stalking them and trying to kill them, guess what? You were 100% prepared to be a total fuck and you just got outfucked, so deal with it.

Just 2 rules U09Cu

PvP is not always planned..
Do you know how many noobs out there using pistols just for loots of other people ?

I don't give a fuck a full lost diamond set , but i saw 4 people left server because of pistols.

Would you feel good if people use exploits to get 100.000 GP ? Like it happened of CL..

@Bubba

Exp. players and mods can control this very eaisly.
Just ready your proof and post on forums or ask a mod to stick around you for a few seconds, he will login back , he will you and leave server.

On pistol bug : Just screen after he kills you.

On exploits , they are much easier. You will notice when something is going wrong. Dup. items will be eaisly noticed , you can got get so many diamonds,TNT etc. in a little play-time.
You can't get so many GP too.
Well it goes like this.

Botters are easier.. Just /m him and if he doesn't respond he probably is botting , TP to him and check. Hit him etc. , if he doesn't respond you then he is botting...

Tell me something and i will tell you how to control it.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 am

DanGiZeR wrote:

PvP is not always planned..
Do you know how many noobs out there using pistols just for loots of other people ?

I don't give a fuck a full lost diamond set , but i saw 4 people left server because of pistols.

Would you feel good if people use exploits to get 100.000 GP ? Like it happened of CL..

Wow, okay so lets implement a whole bunch of retarded laws to govern PvP instead of just fixing or getting rid of things that can be exploited.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Fri May 18, 2012 6:08 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

Wow, okay so lets implement a whole bunch of retarded laws to govern PvP instead of just fixing or getting rid of things that can be exploited.

It is getting fixed on last 3 hotfixes , still buggy.

Just while Light trying to fix it , you need to stop it.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Fri May 18, 2012 6:12 am

DanGiZeR wrote:

It is getting fixed on last 3 hotfixes , still buggy.

Just while Light trying to fix it , you need to stop it.

My point is that the idea of trying to implement some kind of law and etiquette in to the PvP system is literally the stupidest thing that would ever, ever, ever happen on this, or any server.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Fri May 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Here is your solution.

Remove item drops upon death.

What game beyond minecraft does this to you in this day and age? People get attacted to the digital shit so let people keep it, if they are +20 years and working, chances are they dont have all that much time on their hands, perhaps just a few hours a week.

Why not either zone the fucking pvp or remove the item drop, its too damn harsh and it gives so many problems.

Imagine if your MMORPG of choice had that feature? Would you not like to be able to actually keep your gear? or is it cool hours of work is lost to a guy that PROBABLY already got more valuables then you?
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 am

Love how elen comes in and just shuts everyone up
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by lambadaa Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

THIS.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING;

Just 2 rules U09Cu

let's stop thinking about getting ambushed. instead,think about getting killed after an ambush then going on a retaliation AND that bastard logs out when he's about to die. You like that?
lambadaa
lambadaa
Fake Admin
Fake Admin

Character Name : lambadaa

https://facebook.com/god.of.pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 am

lambadaa wrote:
let's stop thinking about getting ambushed. instead,think about getting killed after an ambush then going on a retaliation AND that bastard logs out when he's about to die. You like that?

Yes, I do. If I kill somebody and then they try to retaliate am I suppose to just let them kill me if they get a good first hit in and I have no chance of surviving? Logging out is the same as having nimble fingers and being able to keyboard smash a "t /spawn enter" before you die. If this becomes a thing where you are somehow forbidden from logging out while being attacked I will put that shit on a macro.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Sat May 19, 2012 4:30 am

I might be adding something experimental soon where if a player logs out during combat, an NPC spawned with the equipment, health and inventory fights instead of him. And if the NPC dies, then the player dies on relog in. Also I will be adding a 3 second warmup for /t spawn which prevents all forms of tele escape. Run with your feet!
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 am

Enlighten wrote:I might be adding something experimental soon where if a player logs out during combat, an NPC spawned with the equipment, health and inventory fights instead of him. And if the NPC dies, then the player dies on relog in. Also I will be adding a 3 second warmup for /t spawn which prevents all forms of tele escape. Run with your feet!

Awesome job..

But , what about exploits ? Will they be punished or not ?

@DDSloan

Except Enlighten ;D

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 am

DanGiZeR wrote:
Enlighten wrote:I might be adding something experimental soon where if a player logs out during combat, an NPC spawned with the equipment, health and inventory fights instead of him. And if the NPC dies, then the player dies on relog in. Also I will be adding a 3 second warmup for /t spawn which prevents all forms of tele escape. Run with your feet!

Awesome job..

But , what about exploits ? Will they be punished or not ?

@DDSloan

Except Enlighten ;D

There hopefully won't be exploits.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down