Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall !

+5
nopony
deltonb44
EF
Enlighten
Luda3
9 posters

Go down

Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall ! Empty Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall !

Post by Luda3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I Luda AKA avengeuiwill3
Suggest that Riftland Needs a mall instead of the Classic Market
Shop owners Pay Rent Weekly To stop people Putting Inactive Shops
Shops Are large which allows More Flexibality In design
It has its own warp Something like /warp mall because it is large and cant fit In the area behind Spawn there will be 2 floors About 20 Shops on each
A server shop ! (instead of bank and ores exhange )
=============================
========================
have made the Design On My Private server If anyone wants to see
Who ever agree's Sign's Down >.<
I welcome new ideas as its Unfinished

Luda3

Character Name : avengeuiwill3
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall ! Empty Re: Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall !

Post by Enlighten Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Luda3 wrote:I Luda AKA avengeuiwill3
Suggest that Riftland Needs a mall instead of the Classic Market
Shop owners Pay Rent Weekly To stop people Putting Inactive Shops
Shops Are large which allows More Flexibality In design
It has its own warp Something like /warp mall because it is large and cant fit In the area behind Spawn there will be 2 floors About 20 Shops on each
A server shop ! (instead of bank and ores exhange )
=============================
========================
have made the Design On My Private server If anyone wants to see
Who ever agree's Sign's Down >.<
I welcome new ideas as its Unfinished
Been discussed during closed beta already, malls restrict shop market creativity.
I like the idea of rent but that would be unsustainable for me without automation. Maybe it would have to be a player-made unofficial mall that charges rent?
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall ! Empty Re: Luda's Initiative to Revampe Market / Mall !

Post by Luda3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

i know how to Automate it ..
Pm' me for more info

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 pm

and about the Creativity Yes it will decrease creativity but the interior can be designed and Less griefing will happen Because Only Permitte d people can Build or destroy

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm

And which Theme Would sound better 1-Classic(Wood + Sandstone+Glass + Basic Stuff)
2-Modern (Stone+Slabs+Rare block sand items

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 pm

You can also Install a PLugin called hotel I think

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by EF Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:40 pm

I like the idea of this. have a big 2-3 story building.
EF
EF

Character Name : ExplodingFart

Back to top Go down

Post by deltonb44 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

I suggest rent should be every 2 weeks because some players dont come on very often or dont have much gp
deltonb44
deltonb44

Character Name : Delton

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 am

EF
thats the whole point of rent It should be weekly and Not so high tho SOmething like 150 GP ?
And I saw Melon's Mall ! it's very good But the Plots are kind of small ._.

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by nopony Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 am

this is actually a great idea!
and if you are going to make a mall make the walls 2 block thick so you can change the material (just a suggestion).

and yes we will need some sort of plugin because i doubt anyone is gonna be 24/7.

how i think the system could be:
like the sign shops you click on a sign above the place you can build, once buyed you get the rights to build in it freely. you have to pay each week and can re-pay when it's 48 hours left before the place resets and all the items are lost. so if you don't want to run the shop anymore you just remove all the items and wait for the time to run out.
the price each week are about 20-50 gp.
nopony
nopony

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 am

lol if it wasnt 2 think that would be stupid XD but yea on onother server i was on once i made a mall and it seemed to work great But the only trouble i found was if you wanted to evict a guy-shop blocks- had to be removed by an admin soo if you could find away so that you wouldent need an admin then it would work great
charzar30
charzar30

Character Name : charzar30
Settlement : yo mommas house

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:28 pm

I think a notice should be posted on the forums giving everyone a week to remove their stuff from the market. After a weeks time the market should be torn down and a new market should be built somewhere else with larger plots. (for people feeling creative Razz) I think there should also be an admin shop selling every item in the game. I know there can be problems that go along with this, but what if the admin shop sold all items at a significantly higher rate like 2-3x higher price than normal player sold items. This would keep the stability for the economy.The market should have it's own warp for easy access. I don't think there should be any rent. Also this market should be a no pvp zone so player will be safe buying/selling items. At the very least I think there should be a booth that sells gunpowder. There is a massive demand for gunpowder but nearly no supply to meet it! Gunpowder could sell for 500g-1000g. I also think creepers and sheep should be added back, but that's just me!
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Character Name : ClockworkCyborg
Settlement : CountCockula

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:46 am

I agree With Unholy
and The mall is now Almost Complete

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by chucklingDRAGON Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I admit all these ideas are great, I love the idea of the mall, or just perhaps moving it to a bigger area? Perhaps flying island over sea?

Admin shops sounds good but in practice it could be troublesome... Let's say I have 200,000gb you could buy enough gunpowder to ruin the server! Also with creepers and sheep, would be nice to see. Them. Creepers again make gunpwoder easily accesable but I never understood sheep... (Dates back to minecrack Very Happy where wool was rare)

Anyway its. Lights choice, but nice ideas and keep em coming! Its all for the community!
chucklingDRAGON
chucklingDRAGON

Character Name : ChucklingDRAGON

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 pm

If this Dosent give Light MOtivitation , i dont know what will xD

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by nSpr33 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 am

Unholy_Death wrote: I think there should also be an admin shop selling every item in the game. I know there can be problems that go along with this, but what if the admin shop sold all items at a significantly higher rate like 2-3x higher price than normal player sold items. This would keep the stability for the economy.The market should have it's own warp for easy access. I don't think there should be any rent. Also this market should be a no pvp zone so player will be safe buying/selling items. At the very least I think there should be a booth that sells gunpowder. There is a massive demand for gunpowder but nearly no supply to meet it! Gunpowder could sell for 500g-1000g. I also think creepers and sheep should be added back, but that's just me!

Overpriced admin shops is a good idea, but they should not sell all the items in game - only the main ones and few that a little bit rarer. In my opinion, gunpowder should never be for sale in admin shops or other kind of non-player made shops as gunpowder has only one purpose - create bombs which will be used for destruction and chaos. Getting it from dungeons / aggressive monsters (with a small chance as it was) is the better way.

About wool - until now people used to cry that there is no sheep / wool, but they always forgot that there was the old world with abandoned mines which were full of spider webs from which you could easily gather string (normal amounts in short time).

I agree that creepers would be nice to see, but I think that zombies, spiders and skeletons are enough as they make exploring during nights or in caves difficult enough. If creepers were added, they should make no explosion damage to the world because if they could do that, the server would look like sh*t (We had enough griefers to deal with and there was a lot of griefed and not fixed places in the server which made it look bad and created a negative impression for new players).

So, in conclusion: creepers - no, sheep - maybe (a small amount), admin shops - maybe, but without gunpowder and very rare items.
nSpr33
nSpr33

Character Name : nSpr33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down