Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

ENDGAME

+11
MrFreshh
chucklingDRAGON
amGUSTA
Melonheadx
DDSLoan96
DanGiZeR
BubbaDing
Enlighten
EF
Elenrai
Ghilliedhu
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ENDGAME - Page 2 Empty Re: ENDGAME

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 6:31 am

Grim wrote:I think we should move this discussion to the chat and sum it up for those that aren't here atm in 1 single post Smile
Nonono, keep it here so I can watch it and draw inspiration from it. I don't appreciate Simon's ideas though, he's been trying to get me to remove guns and crossbows completely since February.. Wink
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten
Settlement : Konan

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 am

Grim's idea is definitely cool as well but who the hell would spend the time to build a massive towny village if it was under the constant threat of an impartial NPC that could smash it down over night?

I don't really think that my idea would be a super PVPish server, everybody would also be interested in protecting themselves and hiding, and if other shit like unique items and mcmmo stayed implemented, and stuff like /locate was taken away ... there would be a LOT do to in between hunting down people to kill.

Stuff like Grim's idea could still be implemented as a transition between maps, like an apocalypse event, or even in a protected zone that acts as an arena for example
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 am

I could compile the majority of these ideas into a Hardcore SMP server where you get banned for 7 days when you die, instead of the Battlegroup server, although I fear that would draw players away from the main server.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 am

Hardcore world maybe?
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 am

DDSLoan96 wrote:Hardcore world maybe?
I've made a new topic for a poll. You guys keep talking about End Game ideas Smile
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:38 am

I shall make a video of my idea guys. Then you shall see the level of epicness i speak of. I envision this great film but it's going to turn out shit again Smile 1-2 days and you will see!

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 am

Lmao grim....im sure it will be great Razz
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbaDing Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 am

Banned for 7 days when you die is too long. With the current mob strength, little bit of lag + spider = death
BubbaDing
BubbaDing

http://www.chelseafc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 6:44 am

all of the thing I have been brainstorming were meant to be a do-over of server 1, not ideas for a brand new server

hardcore mode does sound fun, but that would be an exciting thing for a second server, so if there was something like a ban on death you could always pop back in to Server 1 and continue whatever else you were doing
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Wed May 30, 2012 6:45 am

BubbaDing wrote:Banned for 7 days when you die is too long. With the current mob strength, little bit of lag + spider = death

see spider dig 3 deep hole below kill from below....spiders are easiest to deal with...skeles...they are what you need to watch for....

People will hate me for this but can we get the ultrahardcore mod if we do teh hardcore SMP....gives gold a use
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 6:53 am

also, just to clarify, the entire idea of an End Game is to make the game continually interesting and exciting ...until the end

hardcore mode still sounds fun as shit to me, but it's kind of the opposite of what I was thinking about ... because if you die then that's the end Razz

that's why I think that removing towny and implementing my other ideas would be awesome because right now the entire endgame is just leveling mcmmo and mining for more crap, or building pointless crap ...

there would be no need for me to hoard a doublechest full of redstone if we implemented my ideas because I know I would never need that much, especially if there was a set date for the reset

the entire focus would be on a few main aspects ...surviving/hiding/trapping/hunting

you would need to still mine so you could make your weapons and armour, and you could spend the entire time hunting for a unique item too if you really wanted, but I think it would be much more exciting to be basically forced to travel like 20 biomes away from /spawn so you could ensure your own safety

only the brave or the foolish (or the very clever <.<) would ever build massive cities or towers above ground because you would be inviting people to destroy them

it would just add a whole different and interesting strategy to the game and a lot more focus on stuff that we really don't focus on at all in Riftland, like actually using redstone and shit
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Melonheadx Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 am

I say we do a copy of The GW2 WvWvW wich is like 3 servers (in our case maybe teams or towns) battleing a battle going on for 1-2 weeks and taking over /seiging structurse and castles to gain map control and win in the end.

or maybe a Hungergames arena
Melonheadx
Melonheadx

Character Name : Melonheadx
Settlement : Port Melcap! Don't y

Back to top Go down

Post by EF Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 am

turf wars! try to gain control of 75% of the map to win!
EF
EF

Character Name : ExplodingFart

Back to top Go down

Post by amGUSTA Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 am

It's one simple challenge to take and make!
But .. enlighten got no imagination! sry but .. lazy ass!
atleast some kind of mod. admins. must be added to control and make events... games... new stuff.. aka to attract people to enjoy playing riftland.. i can just play single player without gettin killed by a fucking iron shot?! but . im waiting for someone like u aleck to RENEW how the server should be enjoyable. some kind of Event Admins or Game Admins should be added to build stuff and also play it? that doesnt mean they will just build it and watch? or we can skip this idea... we can make our own enjoyable ideas! but enlighten must push the button to activate it .. that he keeps on thinking that this button is fucking far away from him.. and it's just 1 little step!
Let's enjoy some shitload of FUN!
amGUSTA
amGUSTA

Character Name : GUSTAAA

http://WWW.why.dafuq.do.u.want.me.to.have.a.website.?.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 10:34 am

bahaha, well thank you Gustaaa but I wasn't ever trying to put Enlighten down at all Razz I think he is a great admin, I am just spewing out ideas for a mixture of reasons. Number 1 is that I am personally bored as shit of minecraft in general right now, so I am thinking about new and interesting ways to set up a multiplayer environment. Number 2 is that I am getting a sense that other people feel the same way.

The thing that you have to keep in mind is that there are a good deal of people who have payed real money towards this server ... and I haven't Razz So my opinions are forever just suggestions, I can't compromise the real money and effort that people have put in to this server. If those people happen to like my ideas and agree with them, or even parts of them, then I will be happy to spew out some more and help shape this in to an even awesomer community of people than it already is.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

amGUSTA wrote:It's one simple challenge to take and make!
But .. enlighten got no imagination! sry but .. lazy ass!
atleast some kind of mod. admins. must be added to control and make events... games... new stuff.. aka to attract people to enjoy playing riftland..

Really GUSTAAA? This resolves nothing. Are you blind or have you not noticed that Light is the one that just created the /ma area, just added in meads, added in grenades and adjusted all sorts of aspects (check the changelogs). Light spends so much time tinkering with the server and you decide to come on and say this shit?? A server takes hours of time to keep up and it doesn't help when someone like you comes along to berate the developer. Suggestions are great but this shit is just ridiculous.

Personally I wouldn't like to see the server change in to something where I have to hide in some hole. I love the idea of towns and building together and fighting wars. You all have complained of the attacks carried out by SL over the past weeks yet now you want everyone to do the same? Sounds slightly chaotic to me.

Sign up below if you want some destruction on your home. SL can help with looting and killing you if that is what you would like. We will make it so that a hole is the only safe place to go. No need for another server, just a revamped arsenal of weapons supplied to SL and some violent players, lets go!

Back to top Go down

Post by chucklingDRAGON Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 pm

I second Grims notion Very Happy
chucklingDRAGON
chucklingDRAGON

Character Name : ChucklingDRAGON

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFreshh Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Why do (some) people think this server needs a complete revamp? I love the way the towns work and I think that the current selection of mods is excellent. Most people play the server for these exact reasons and removing towny in particular would be a mistake.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't like to see some additions to the existing setup in the future. I like the new /ma idea and maybe more similar additions would add flavor to those already bored of whatever they are currently doing. I would also like to see some more custom blocks, even if they are mostly aesthetic in their purpose. More variety never hurts. Maybe in conjunction with the town setup there could be more specific events and a better purpose for individual towns?

On a semi-related note; to those complaining of boredom because they have a bunch of stuff hidden away in some chest, you may have missed most of the purpose in minecraft. I would suggest taking those materials and building something massive or complex. There are infinite combinations of structures/redstone contraptions that honestly I don't think I'll ever get bored of making. I don't want to see this server try to "fix" what makes this game unique by hashing together some pointless ending.
MrFreshh
MrFreshh

Character Name : Mr_Freshh

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

MrFreshh wrote:Why do (some) people think this server needs a complete revamp? I love the way the towns work and I think that the current selection of mods is excellent. Most people play the server for these exact reasons and removing towny in particular would be a mistake.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't like to see some additions to the existing setup in the future. I like the new /ma idea and maybe more similar additions would add flavor to those already bored of whatever they are currently doing. I would also like to see some more custom blocks, even if they are mostly aesthetic in their purpose. More variety never hurts. Maybe in conjunction with the town setup there could be more specific events and a better purpose for individual towns?

On a semi-related note; to those complaining of boredom because they have a bunch of stuff hidden away in some chest, you may have missed most of the purpose in minecraft. I would suggest taking those materials and building something massive or complex. There are infinite combinations of structures/redstone contraptions that honestly I don't think I'll ever get bored of making. I don't want to see this server try to "fix" what makes this game unique by hashing together some pointless ending.
Couldn't agree more, also welcome to the forums!
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 pm

MrFreshh wrote:pointless ending.
....Free indie bundle from PvP=pointless? Sir, thee must truely jest.
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm

MrFreshh wrote:Why do (some) people think this server needs a complete revamp? I love the way the towns work and I think that the current selection of mods is excellent. Most people play the server for these exact reasons and removing towny in particular would be a mistake.

You either didn't read or didn't understand the point of any of the big ideas posted in this thread.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFreshh Wed May 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Clearly my views aren't popularly held by some of the more (overly? Razz ) active people on these forums, but let my try respond to both of your points.

Elenrai wrote:
....Free indie bundle from PvP=pointless? Sir, thee must truely jest.

Why does it have to end? Isn't that what minecraft is all about (let's be honest, that enderdragon ending is.. meh)?

Also let's be clear, I'm not saying that I'm against many of the suggestions in this thread (more rpg things, events, etc), I find there are a lot of good suggestions here. I think that certain npc invasions (preferably such that they only do minimal structural damage but kill players) and general group-battle events would be worthwhile additions. What I don't want is a few major things:

1) All this talk about scrapping towny. I don't agree. Towny is one of the major reasons why I play here. I certainly think specific things could be added to make towny better but I don't want it gone.
2) Monthly or bi-monthly resets. I spend most of my time building, some of my projects (may Wink ) take weeks. I don't want to see them scrapped nearly as quickly or at all for that matter.
3) Removing guns. Yeah guns are a little overpowered/glitchy right now, but I suggest that these can be fixed over time. I like varied weapons.
4) Other talk of revamping the whole server. What exactly is so wrong with it that we have to redo the whole thing? Why do we play if we're not happy with some things? Why not add better things to it?
5) Creating some kind of uber-pvp arena-only server. What are you doing here when such things already exist?

Additionally I've recently been watching the survival games series which involve the yogscast among others. Now there is a type of mode I'd love to see, maybe on an adjacent server or as a server-wide event every once in a while.

Ghilliedhu wrote:

You either didn't read or didn't understand the point of any of the big ideas posted in this thread.

Honestly I don't think I'll bother replying to you too often in the future. Quite frankly all you ever do is piss on other people and think you're funny. Stop with the condescending pictures, the emo attitude and the general flaming. You don't think I understood your point, fair enough, at least attempt to explain yourself.

I put in enough time to read through all of your posts in this thread and I have read an awful lot of suggestions. I agree with some, but hopefully I have addressed the ones which I don't agree with above. Yes I want more purpose than what is already here, but have I not made suggestions of my own to remedy that?

What I understand from much of this thread is that you would like there to be no official towns, just some hardcore pvp mode whilst maintaining some sneaky hiding-hole from where you can grief others. I may have over-simplified it a lot, but that is the crux of my issue with some of your suggestions. I like building things and I like the town system. I absolutely do not want to get rid of them favor of some full-running arena mode.

Last edited by MrFreshh on Thu May 31, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling..)
MrFreshh
MrFreshh

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am

MrFreshh wrote:Clearly my views aren't popularly held by some of the more (overly? Razz ) active people on these forums, but let my try respond to both of your points.

Why does it have to end? Isn't that what minecraft is all about (let's be honest, that enderdragon ending is.. meh)?

Also let's be clear, I'm not saying that I'm against many of the suggestions in this thread (more rpg things, events, etc), I find there are a lot of good suggestions here. I think that certain npc invasions (preferably such that they only do minimal structural damage but kill players) and general group-battle events would be worthwhile additions. What I don't want is a few major things:

1) All this talk about scrapping towny. I don't agree. Towny is one of the major reasons why I play here. I certainly think specific things could be added to make towny better but I don't want it gone.
2) Monthly or bi-monthly resets. I spend most of my time building, some of my projects (may Wink ) take weeks. I don't want to see them scrapped nearly as quickly or at all for that matter.
3) Removing guns. Yeah guns are a little overpowered/glitchy right now, but I suggest that these can be fixed over time. I like varied weapons.
4) Other talk of revamping the whole server. What exactly is so wrong with it that we have to redo the whole thing? Why do we play if we're not happy with some things? Why not add better things to it?
5) Creating some kind of uber-pvp arena-only server. What are you doing here when such things already exist?

Additionally I've recently been watching the survival games series which involve the yogscast among others. Now there is a type of mode I'd love to see, maybe on an adjacent server or as a server-wide event every once in a while.

Honestly I don't think I'll bother replying to you too often in the future. Quite frankly all you ever do is piss on other people and think you're funny. Stop with the condescending pictures, the emo attitude and the general flaming. You don't think I understood your point, fair enough, at least attempt to explain yourself.

I put in enough time to read through all of your posts in this thread and I have read an awful lot of suggestions. I agree with some, but hopefully I have addressed the ones which I don't agree with above. Yes I want more purpose than what is already here, but have I not made suggestions of my own to remedy that?

What I understand from much of this thread is that you would like there to be no official towns, just some hardcore pvp mode whilst maintaining some sneaky hiding-hole from where you can grief others. I may have over-simplified it a lot, but that is the crux of my issue with some of your suggestions. I like building things and I like the town system. I absolutely do not want to get rid of them favor of some full-running arena mode.
No, your just unable to understand.

Its not as much "endgame" as its a way to constantly renew the game while giving people a inititative to play it. if you wanna build? STAY on the current server, who the f**k asked you to go elsewhere?

Also your simplification is COMPLETELY wrong, please read the entire forum.
STOP being the adult, your not.
He is direct and dosent lick your ass, if you dont like it, sucks to be you but people speaking their mind make this world move F O R W A R D. (else the world would still be flat! and you woulda died in childbirth)

Also, again, this brainstorm is meant for a spinoff, not the main server.

Allow me to make it visible: S P I N O F F

In case you have no idea who I am I suggest you read some of the older topics, perhaps check out the riftlandMC channel on YT

Also, I could pay? It would cost less then a sponsor rank per month so I dont see any challenge.

Last edited by Elenrai on Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am

MrFreshh wrote:my terrible viewpoint

I think you are taking the idea of the world ENDGAME much too literally.

Myself and Elenrai are not interested in ENDING the game, we are only interested in shifting the main direction and goal of the game. As it stands there are probably about 5 or 6 people who have been playing solidly since the last reset who have the ability and resources to build absolutely anything, and destroy absolutely anything at a whim.

Once you reach a certain point the game begins to stagnate a bit. I could easily go and build something, sure, but that is a purposeless endeavor ... that is creative mode. This is an online community for a survival sandbox mmorpg, if your main source of entertainment in this game comes from building massive structures, you may want to consider buying a box of legos.

I think myself and Elenrai are mainly focused on embracing the actual survival aspect of this game. Towny greatly depreciates the difficulty level as it gives players a "safe spot" to hoard their items and keep everything they own protected. Where is the fun in that?

If our ideas were implemented you could still subscribe to the bland lego-esque type gaming that is so fulfilling for you, nothing would change about that at all. The only difference would be that your stuff is ultimately less protected. Also, consider that the 2 month resets don't necessarily have to effect every single world. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, a towny-type world can still exist and be accessed via portals for people who are not interested in playing this game like a real man.

Also, I am funny, my pictures are funny, I have never peed on anybody and I don't think you know what "emo" means.

the end
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFreshh Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 am

And out come the knives..

I don't know what part of my post angered you so much elenrai (unless you took what I said about aleck personally though if we're honest he is overly cruel), but I do know who you are and I was trying to keep the debate between you and I civil. Oh well.

Thank you for pointing out that these were meant to be ideas about a new server. Sort of. Half this thread has already been derailed by it's discussion related to the current server and I do believe I misread/interpreted this part:

Ghilliedhu wrote:all of the thing I have been brainstorming were meant to be a do-over of server 1, not ideas for a brand new server.

I haven't seen any other posts in this thread (though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that refer to this so-called spinoff but I'm glad you were civil enough to correct me without the need for giant words :roll:

You might not agree with my suggestions (this part isn't aimed at you elenrai in case you feel the need to write back about this section) but at least I didn't insinuate that you were a child for liking a different style of play. On the topic of your posting style you will find that less people laugh at your posts than you think. You come across as a proper jerk and whether that's intentional or not that is something worth looking into.

As I said in one section of my post, and you should probably watch the videos I mention (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxIQiCAvnko&feature=g-u-u) you would see that I would welcome a game mode of a relatively similar mould. Just not here.

As for personal issues I consider this done and dusted. Though I suggest watching that episode of the yogscast even if you don't particularly like and perhaps we can have a discussion about how that kind of a mode sounds like? If this thread is indeed a general suggestion thread for whatever.

Last edited by MrFreshh on Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
MrFreshh
MrFreshh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: