Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

War balancing suggestion

+3
charzar30
DanGiZeR
Flapman
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

War balancing suggestion Empty War balancing suggestion

Post by Flapman Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:01 am

As many of you know the current war system isn't exactly balanced, it's basically a fight of who can blow the most things of the enemy up. Now my suggestion is to use the war system that comes with the towny plugin, town leaders can declare war upon each other and try to take each other's town. There will be a few rules to make it balanced.

- If a town wants to launch an attack on the opposing town, the date and time has to be posted atleast 5 (maybe 3?) days beforehand. This way the defending town can make sure it has town members online at the time of the attack.
- the plugin for cannons and grenades needs to be removed from the server.
- To get inside a town the attacking town needs to use TNT (So you can't make a 2x1 hole in the walls with a pickaxe...).
- A staff member will be watching the war to make sure no rules get broken and to manage the time. If one of the town thinks a rule has been broken after the war, a staff member can check if this is true.
- Everyone has only 1 life! Just before the battle starts the town leaders need to inform the staff member that is watching which people will fight in the war. If one of these people die during the war, they will be banned from the server till the war is over. (This is to prevent people from spam spawning in the home block and it just adds a feel of danger)
- The attacking town has half an hour to capture the home block
- The home block cannot be protected by putting up protected chests/furnaces around it, this is considered cheating and will result in the other town winning the war.
- Obsidian is the only block that is allowed to be destroyed without the use of TNT.
- If the home block isn't captured within half an hour, the attacking force has to move out of the town they were attacking and can't announce another attack for 1 week.
- If the attacking force manages to claim the home block for their own, the town leader has two choices: 1) If he has a vip+ in his town he can let him become mayor of it. 2) He can disband the town and raid all the chests and other shiny's in the town.
- After the town has been captured it can't be attacked for 2 weeks.

So, what do you guys think?
Flapman
Flapman

Character Name : Flapman
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

War balancing suggestion Empty Re: War balancing suggestion

Post by DanGiZeR Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 am

Teh stuff I agree :

No more night attacks so people can just defend their town if they can. It will make game more realistic too. You can see an army coming from miles away eh ?

---

A staff member should always watch. But it is hard to do this because all of mods (I think :O) is in towns. And everyone has alliances.

---

2 week for town attacks is good idea too. But , this should change a bit imo.

---

No superarmors on towns.. Add water on that too

------
Disagrees :

Removing cannons is not good idea. It is not so cheap and only a few shoots (2-3) has being used per war. (On world 2 , except a fucking bastard , no one used TNT yet) It also makes defenders camp less. I took town Vincent while last war on old world. It also allows defenders to take loot.

I don't think grenades are good.But they are nerfed too bad. It only destroys like a 2 size sphere Razz

---

Banning people is a bad idea imo. A moderator will be checking so he can just tempban , kick or spawn if he comes back. There should be a way to spectate war too for dead players. (A glass floating room made before war starts ?)

1 life is good idea though.

---

Disbanding/raiding towns..

This would make a whole town ragequit.

If attacking side wins war, he should be able to get money daily/weekly(depends on winner side) , resources etc.
Also , winning side should be able to disarm all town members (Taking all armor and weapons) , preventing town from being expanded , changing mayor of town from a member of defending side (To get what they want) , simply taking control of town.

Until town decide to get rid of these guys , they can just save themselves . This event should be announced before 12 hours. This way defenders should have more advantage to save their town. It is not too balancing but this type of events happen secretly if there aren't spies. (May have screwed up idea while typing, I changed some parts but i may forget to change everything)

About stuff i didn't mentioned :

I don't really care about them or i agree about them.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am

DanGiZeR wrote:
Disagrees :

Removing cannons is not good idea. It is not so cheap and only a few shoots (2-3) has being used per war. (On world 2 , except a fucking bastard , no one used TNT yet) It also makes defenders camp less. I took town Vincent while last war on old world. It also allows defenders to take loot.

I don't think grenades are good.But they are nerfed too bad. It only destroys like a 2 size sphere Razz

---

Banning people is a bad idea imo. A moderator will be checking so he can just tempban , kick or spawn if he comes back. There should be a way to spectate war too for dead players. (A glass floating room made before war starts ?)

1 life is good idea though.

---

Disbanding/raiding towns..

This would make a whole town ragequit.

If attacking side wins war, he should be able to get money daily/weekly(depends on winner side) , resources etc.
Also , winning side should be able to disarm all town members (Taking all armor and weapons) , preventing town from being expanded , changing mayor of town from a member of defending side (To get what they want) , simply taking control of town.

Until town decide to get rid of these guys , they can just save themselves . This event should be announced before 12 hours. This way defenders should have more advantage to save their town. It is not too balancing but this type of events happen secretly if there aren't spies. (May have screwed up idea while typing, I changed some parts but i may forget to change everything)

About stuff i didn't mentioned :

I don't really care about them or i agree about them.

Well, the removal of the cannons would be a good idea imo because it prevents people that just want to build (like me xD) from having their shit they worked hard for blown up. And besides, Tnt makes it a bit more realistic + you can also use blocks to go on the walls of the defender (just like they used ladders back in the days).

Yea, we could make it like that there is a punishment for coming back to the war after you die, but spectating is a bad idea as people can use it to gain an advantage over the other people by talking through teamspeak about the location of the enemy.

And the raiding should maybe be removed, but it is also very realistic.

I think moderators should be able to dissociate himself from that. And if they can't they should think if they are really fit for the job....
Flapman
Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 am

soooo instead of just a fun blow the shit up war its a oh we won so we get all your money and stuff just for claiming the home block?
charzar30
charzar30

Character Name : charzar30
Settlement : yo mommas house

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 am

charzar30 wrote:soooo instead of just a fun blow the shit up war its a oh we won so we get all your money and stuff just for claiming the home block?

Welcome to real life.
Flapman
Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 am

Flapman wrote:As many of you know the current war system isn't exactly balanced, it's basically a fight of who can blow the most things of the enemy up. Now my suggestion is to use the war system that comes with the towny plugin, town leaders can declare war upon each other and try to take each other's town. There will be a few rules to make it balanced.

- If a town wants to launch an attack on the opposing town, the date and time has to be posted atleast 5 (maybe 3?) days beforehand. This way the defending town can make sure it has town members online at the time of the attack.
- the plugin for cannons and grenades needs to be removed from the server.
- To get inside a town the attacking town needs to use TNT (So you can't make a 2x1 hole in the walls with a pickaxe...).
- A staff member will be watching the war to make sure no rules get broken and to manage the time. If one of the town thinks a rule has been broken after the war, a staff member can check if this is true.
- Everyone has only 1 life! Just before the battle starts the town leaders need to inform the staff member that is watching which people will fight in the war. If one of these people die during the war, they will be banned from the server till the war is over. (This is to prevent people from spam spawning in the home block and it just adds a feel of danger)
- The attacking town has half an hour to capture the home block
- The home block cannot be protected by putting up protected chests/furnaces around it, this is considered cheating and will result in the other town winning the war.
- Obsidian is the only block that is allowed to be destroyed without the use of TNT.
- If the home block isn't captured within half an hour, the attacking force has to move out of the town they were attacking and can't announce another attack for 1 week.
- If the attacking force manages to claim the home block for their own, the town leader has two choices: 1) If he has a vip+ in his town he can let him become mayor of it. 2) He can disband the town and raid all the chests and other shiny's in the town.
- After the town has been captured it can't be attacked for 2 weeks.

So, what do you guys think?

I do agree with the fact that town wars should be more organized. I do not agree with town takeovers. I am not going to put weeks of effort into a town just to end up having to hand it over to someone else. I do think there should be some sort of payment to the victors. I think guns should be removed but cannons kept. And the problem with having to take the town home block is every town leader (including me) would move it deep underground or to some other unreachable position.
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Character Name : ClockworkCyborg
Settlement : CountCockula

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am

Flapman wrote:

Welcome to real life.

im going to go into somones house and blow it up and take all their shit? thats not real life silly billy "edit" oh yea then i get the rights to their house and the cops are like "sorry he claimed your home block sorry its fine"

@ unholy: I agree that it shouldent be like that cause like a ton of people have their homes set in other peoples bases so it would be way to easy+ if its underground it would still show it above ground im pretty sure.
charzar30
charzar30

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:04 am

Code:
Well, the removal of the cannons would be a good idea imo because it prevents people that just want to build (like me xD) from having their shit they worked hard for blown up. And besides, Tnt makes it a bit more realistic + you can also use blocks to go on the walls of the defender (just like they used ladders back in the days).

Oh right. Ladders etc. is more realistic. There should be ways to dig under town too. But you need to bypass towny somehow. (Towny has a war system but i don't know how it works. I haven't tested it out yet )

---

Code:
Yea, we could make it like that there is a punishment for coming back to the war after you die, but spectating is a bad idea as people can use it to gain an advantage over the other people by talking through teamspeak about the location of the enemy.

Forgot about that.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 am

Flapman wrote:

Welcome to real life.

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby.
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 pm

To unholy Its Better Than to See it Fully Destroyed ?
and There should be LIke a Neturality Price <- Spelled wrongFTW

Luda3

Character Name : avengeuiwill3

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

Luda3 wrote:To unholy Its Better Than to See it Fully Destroyed ?
and There should be LIke a Neturality Price <- Spelled wrongFTW

Yes, I would rather see someone try and destroy it. If it cannot be mine, then it will belong to no one.
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:56 am

If its not Destroyed You might have another chance of Re-claiming it?

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:17 am

Luda3 wrote:If its not Destroyed You might have another chance of Re-claiming it?

I would rather see Zarahemla burned to the ground than in the hands of another. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

(and yes, I did just quote Churchill)

Last edited by Unholy_Death on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:35 am

I think of it more like : We Survive today Just To fight another day !

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 am

I have deleted all off-topic posts....

Next time the deletion of the post won't be the only thing that happens....
Flapman
Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luda3 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Finnally A real Moderator ! ._.

Luda3

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 am

Luda3 wrote:Finnally A real Moderator ! ._.

Welcome to real life
charzar30
charzar30

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

charzar30 wrote:

Welcome to real life

Go ahead and post more of these funny off-topic posts and I will welcome you to forum ban.
Flapman
Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am

Flapman wrote:

Go ahead and post more of these funny off-topic posts and I will welcome you to forum ban.

oh? well i dont know if that was off topic... you posted the same thing now didnt you? hmmmm it seems that if i get forum banned for saying Welcome to real life that you should allso....inception
charzar30
charzar30

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapman Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am

charzar30 wrote:

oh? well i dont know if that was off topic... you posted the same thing now didnt you? hmmmm it seems that if i get forum banned for saying Welcome to real life that you should allso....inception

Now don't try to be a smart ass, I said it because it fitted the context. Now you better listen to me or bad things will happen. You're in luck that I can't ban people myself, but I will have a little talk with Enlighten. So stop posting these "funny" replies if you know what's good for you.
Flapman
Flapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Charzar is just the server troll.
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 am

i honestly think that light wont care that you are over reacting about little things even when it did NOT come in context because your offended when somone points out that you are wrong.
charzar30
charzar30

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy_Death Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 am

Unholy_Death wrote:Charzar is just the server troll.

I misspoke, Enlighten is the server troll! He earned this rank by spawning giant ejaculating penises over Zarahemla. XD
Unholy_Death
Unholy_Death
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by charzar30 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 am

Unholy_Death wrote:

I misspoke, Enlighten is the server troll! He earned this rank by spawning giant ejaculating penises over Zarahemla. XD

Troll x50?
charzar30
charzar30

Back to top Go down

Post by Melonheadx Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

i want to b a suicid bomber
Melonheadx
Melonheadx

Character Name : Melonheadx