Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

[Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard!

4 posters

Go down

[Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard! Empty [Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard!

Post by Elenrai Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:04 pm

When I was a admin of the old server one thing that annoyed me was how impotent the banhammer was as people could just make a new char with a new name and actually create an entirely new persona.

Since I am pretty busy with real life at the moment I dont have the time myself so I call upon all of you who hates people who ban evades.

What I am looking for is a plugin similar to Xauth but more safe, such as able to ask you for your email when you register the character name so people cant roll endless characters because they wanna annoy our future moderators/admins.

The sole goal is to ensure that one character will be bound to a unique email, prefably but not mandatory, with a email authentication, as to stop anything thrown at us in that regard.
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard! Empty Re: [Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Elenrai wrote:When I was a admin of the old server one thing that annoyed me was how impotent the banhammer was as people could just make a new char with a new name and actually create an entirely new persona.

Since I am pretty busy with real life at the moment I dont have the time myself so I call upon all of you who hates people who ban evades.

What I am looking for is a plugin similar to Xauth but more safe, such as able to ask you for your email when you register the character name so people cant roll endless characters because they wanna annoy our future moderators/admins.

The sole goal is to ensure that one character will be bound to a unique email, prefably but not mandatory, with a email authentication, as to stop anything thrown at us in that regard.

I for one loved the fact that you was able to do that,
Otherwise i would have been offline 100% of the time due to Ban Restrictions xD

Back to top Go down

[Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard! Empty Re: [Plugin hunt] Something to make the banhammer hit hard!

Post by IceCold Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 pm

couldn't they make another email and join though ? , this problem didn't just annoy u elen it annoyed all the cracked servers there are and thats why cracked servers mean so much hard work , the only thing that appear to work against those is ip ban , even though some might be able to change their ip.
xauth was proven to be bugged in other servers , idk heard it resets ur password after the server crashes , which makes u lose ur account , seems too risky to put on the server anyway.
i wish bukkit invents some kinda new way to ban such people ...
other than that , admins/mods have to enjoying banning those spammers lol
IceCold
IceCold

Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:17 am

Ive seen how xauth works (Hell its probably the most used plugin ever) What im looking for is something similar, also, forcing people to make a new email every time just to make a new account will stop most greifers/ban evaders apart from the ones that would spam accounts until the end of time. :> (besides creating an email over and over is tedious xD)

Also, unless you've set your router/pc to remember the same static IP (Thats what servers use, most home computers are using a dynamic IP) It will simply just change your password after rebooting a router. (or by using software such as TOR)
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by IpkYouDrop Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 am

Most People don't know how to change their Ip's. I think that the best choice would be an IP Ban plugin :3 I'll work on finding somthing..
IpkYouDrop
IpkYouDrop

Character Name : IpkYouDrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 am

Spartan 117 wrote:Most People don't know how to change their Ip's. I think that the best choice would be an IP Ban plugin :3 I'll work on finding somthing..
Prefably with the whole email thing involved, would really make the life of the staff a LOOOOOOT easier, then we won't have to struggle as much with russian newbie greifers.
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:59 am

What was used on Red's old server was a regular IP ban. If any new members registered newly after 10 minutes, they would be country checked using the IP scanner and if they're in the same country or city, then they get banned again. I want to find a more efficient way of blocking them for longer so maybe email authentication merged with xauth is the way forward.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:19 am

Enlighten wrote:What was used on Red's old server was a regular IP ban. If any new members registered newly after 10 minutes, they would be country checked using the IP scanner and if they're in the same country or city, then they get banned again. I want to find a more efficient way of blocking them for longer so maybe email authentication merged with xauth is the way forward.

Thats what I want people to hunt, mostly because they might aswell get some entertainment while the server isn't ready for beta, besides then we don't have to xD
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by IpkYouDrop Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 am

I Actually found a decent setup, Elen PM Me Wink
IpkYouDrop
IpkYouDrop

Character Name : IpkYouDrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 am

Replied, looks perfect!
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Peeps, dont stop hunting, spartan have gone MIA. :<
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down