Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs

2 posters

Go down

A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs Empty A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 am

Okay, so my number 1 idea is to implement Coal material blocks and Redstone material blocks. Might make trading and storing them more efficient if they could stack and become material blocks like clay or snow.

My number 2 idea is a bit more complex, but here goes;

It seems that there is a weird problem with mob limits and spawning and stuff. I know that hostile mobs can despawn and that farm animals aren't suppose to. I am just imagining that there is a mod out there or that the ability to do this can be created with some degree of ease.

What if there was an action you could perform, like feeding an animal a wheat, or having them enclosed in a certain type of block or something that would act as a trigger for "don't despawn this animal." This could be impossible to implement, I have no idea, I am just imagining that this would solve the problem with passive mobs despawning.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs Empty Re: A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs

Post by Enlighten Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:Okay, so my number 1 idea is to implement Coal material blocks and Redstone material blocks. Might make trading and storing them more efficient if they could stack and become material blocks like clay or snow.

My number 2 idea is a bit more complex, but here goes;

It seems that there is a weird problem with mob limits and spawning and stuff. I know that hostile mobs can despawn and that farm animals aren't suppose to. I am just imagining that there is a mod out there or that the ability to do this can be created with some degree of ease.

What if there was an action you could perform, like feeding an animal a wheat, or having them enclosed in a certain type of block or something that would act as a trigger for "don't despawn this animal." This could be impossible to implement, I have no idea, I am just imagining that this would solve the problem with passive mobs despawning.
I did implement this a while ago in a hotfix, I think but I had to disable it due to the instability and lag it caused on the server. I may add it again in the future when we upgrade our server, or just to disable the mob limit.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs Empty Re: A few ideas; material blocks and passive mobs

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 am

Why not stop cows spawning underground ._.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 am

ItzDom wrote:Why not stop cows spawning underground ._.

yeah, that is part of the problem, spawners toss passive mobs out in deep caves all the time. If passive mobs naturally despawned (unless trigger event occurs) then all the underground cows and such will just despawn after a bit.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 pm

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down