Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

ENDGAME

+11
MrFreshh
chucklingDRAGON
amGUSTA
Melonheadx
DDSLoan96
DanGiZeR
BubbaDing
Enlighten
EF
Elenrai
Ghilliedhu
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ENDGAME Empty ENDGAME

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Made a new thread so as to avoid derailing the screenshot thread because I imagine this has potential to create a separate discussion.

Elenrai wrote:
I used to be like you. Then I sold my xbox 360 and realized: The fuck? Achivements mean shit. In the past six months I have hunted ONE achivement in a single game: Payday:The heist.

Why? Because we wanted to beat a really easy map in that game in a ludricous time, after beating the achivement(We had to finish in 15) we thought: "Lets do it in 10?" and so we did it in 9:44! Its not the achivement, its the challenge to say "yknow what? Im gonna take the fucking world record!"

That makes a lot of sense on a console, but MC is a very different kind of game. There are no times, no goals, no REAL achievements that provide meaningful acknowledgement of a great accomplishment.

This is my problem with this server right now ... there is no real end game to MC. I have more shit than 90% of other players and I could blow up any of the cities in the game in less than 20 minutes or sell all my shit and just buy one ...but does that mean I win? Razz

I just feel like there must be some mod out there that adds purpose to this part of the game, after you have a town, a house, 30 chests filled with crap, etc. etc. ... the only thing really left to do is explore and PVP, both of which lose their charm after a while.

This is why I am imagining that some mod alternative or addition to mcmmo might be fun, because you can actually continue to develop your character and branch them in to something like a character class in some cases. Just something that continues to be a challenge and has an actual purpose.

Last edited by Ghilliedhu on Wed May 30, 2012 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

ENDGAME Empty Re: ENDGAME

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:Made a new thread so as to avoid derailing the screenshot thread because I imagine this has potential to create a separate discussion.

That makes a lot of sense on a console, but MC is a very different kind of game. There are no times, no goals, no REAL achievements that provide meaningful acknowledgement of a great accomplishment.

This is my problem with this server right now ... there is no real end game to MC. I have more shit than 90% of other players and I could blow up any of the cities in the game in less than 20 minutes or sell all my shit and just buy one ...but does that mean I win? Razz

I just feel like there must be some mod out there that adds purpose to this part of the game, after you have a town, a house, 30 chests filled with crap, etc. etc. ... the only thing really left to do is explore and PVP, both of which lose their charm after a while.

This is why I am imagining that some mod alternative or addition to mcmmo might be fun, because you can actually continue to develop your character and branch them in to something like a character class in some cases. Just something that continues to be a challenge and has an actual purpose.
I agree so much your not gonna belive it, I have quit minecraft forever, been there, done that.

Minecraft got great modding protential, I would absolutely love seeing minecraft go in the direction of, lets say, planetside 2, unfortunately mienkraft being mienkraft it got a horrible basis for giving you goals.

Also, even if you added "Endgame" like a mmo so to say, what would happen when you were done with endgame? New "expansion" you finish endgame,New "expansion" you finish endgame,New "expansion" you finish endgame,New "expansion" you finish endgame,New "expansion" you finish endgame,New "expansion" you finish endgame, you get it.

What minecraft needs is simply a sequel with much better everything, if you added the mmo aspect as minecraft is right now, or riftland for that matter, you would get a hybrid of dragonage2, skyrim, and world of warcraft. noone of which are THAT new(Or great). Personally I am having a hard time not going on a rampage and killing everyone that say <insert all 60$ AAA titles> is innovative, worth the money, OR is worth spending a year on before buying the sequel.
Elenrai
Elenrai

Character Name : Elenrai
Settlement : Somewhere dark!

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 am

Elenrai wrote:wordswordswords

I agree that it would be great to see some kind of incredible sequel to MC, but realistically that is never, ever going to happen. Whereas I do foresee people eventually modding the game to the point where they completely revamp the entire feel and goal of the game.

The reason I suggest a more mmorpg type of feel is because the endgame right now is pvp, which is extremely tedious because pvp kills your items, durability and so on. It would be really interesting if pvp was based on an individuals ability to level up a series of "character stats." This is to say that, the person who spends a good amount of time developing skills and leveling will ultimately be better at fighting. This just seems like it would be more compelling than forever continuing to mine for more resources to make more of the exact same armours just to duel a few more times.

I honestly don't have any mods in mind but I occasionally look around for something like this. There must be some series of mods that would make the endgame less boring, because lets be honest, the way Riftland is set up is that it is a race to see who can blow up the other towns first. Riftland is literally just waiting for an argument between players that will result in something getting exploded. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think that if we continue on this path we should set up some kind of automated reset date, so it IS actually more of a race.

My other idea would be do just completely get rid of towny ... every man and/or unofficial alliance for themselves, no protections, just stealth, traps, hiding and exploring.

^ the more I consider this idea the more I really want it
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

I agree that it would be great to see some kind of incredible sequel to MC, but realistically that is never, ever going to happen. Whereas I do foresee people eventually modding the game to the point where they completely revamp the entire feel and goal of the game.

The reason I suggest a more mmorpg type of feel is because the endgame right now is pvp, which is extremely tedious because pvp kills your items, durability and so on. It would be really interesting if pvp was based on an individuals ability to level up a series of "character stats." This is to say that, the person who spends a good amount of time developing skills and leveling will ultimately be better at fighting. This just seems like it would be more compelling than forever continuing to mine for more resources to make more of the exact same armours just to duel a few more times.

I honestly don't have any mods in mind but I occasionally look around for something like this. There must be some series of mods that would make the endgame less boring, because lets be honest, the way Riftland is set up is that it is a race to see who can blow up the other towns first. Riftland is literally just waiting for an argument between players that will result in something getting exploded. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think that if we continue on this path we should set up some kind of automated reset date, so it IS actually more of a race.

My other idea would be do just completely get rid of towny ... every man and/or unofficial alliance for themselves, no protections, just stealth, traps, hiding and exploring.

^ the more I consider this idea the more I really want it
Well, hence ive quit minecraft and ingame here I have NO idea about the average server population, how many people are on at peaktimes vs 6 in the morning your time?
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 3:11 am

Also, double post cuz I can (and mods/admins need shit to do Wink )
A possibillity would be adding endgame dungeons with custom items, a random drop system, basically.

a ARPG(diablo,path of exile, torchlight, yknow) styled drop system with a extensive amount of PvE in dungeons, all it requires is some redstone, falsebook, and creativity
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 am

Elenrai wrote:both posts

I'm on EST time, there is always a fair amount of people on unless I log on late at night, there is usually a small gap between the UK players waking up and the American players going to bed, but I don't see how that would be an issue in a non-protection world, I'm certain that everybody has popped on once or twice when nobody else, or very few people were around.

Also, yes, I love ARPG's, specifically D2, but implementing a random drop system and randomly generated dungeons seems a little farfetched to me. I actually still occasionally play D2 and have greatly considered buying D3 after the release hype calms down a bit.

I am mostly just trying to think of a way to pump the excitement of this community and make it so the 20+ players who have gained Regular and have played for a bit can actually have something to do. I myself would be totally down for a reset.

Last edited by Ghilliedhu on Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

I'm on EST time, there is always a fair amount of people on unless I log on late at night, there is usually a small gap between the UK players waking up and the American players going to bed, but I don't see how that would be an issue in a non-protection world, I'm certain that everybody has popped on once or twice when nobody else, or very few people were around.

Also, yes, I love ARPG's, specifically D2, but implementing a random drop system and randomly generated dungeons seems a little farfetched to me. I actually still occasionally play D2 and have greatly considered buying D3 after the release hype calms down a bit.

I am mostly just trying to think of a way to pump the excitement of this community and make it so the 20+ players who have gained Regular and have played for a bit can actually have something to do. I myself would be totally down for a reset.
Throw a bit of ARPG into it, monthly world reset (character is saved) and a PvP tournament for a cheap indie game right before reset. BAM! exciting enough?
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 am

Elenrai wrote:Throw a bit of ARPG into it, monthly world reset (character is saved) and a PvP tournament for a cheap indie game right before reset. BAM! exciting enough?

monthly to bimonthly reset sounds good to me, could be even longer if we scrap towny, and a pvp tourny or a couple interesting minigame/maze/whatever type of deals before a reset sounds pretty fun too, that way people who get bored before reset there is lots of time to make pre-reset funtime shit. Sounds perfectly balanced and exciting to me. This would ultimately alleviate the need for the type of modding we have right now too. One main protected spawn point where you can trade, and beyond that everybody gets maybe a week or something to wander and find a home, PVP is a nono for that time period, and after that it's a massive free for all, griefing, trapping, assholing, pvp, setting the entire world on fire or burying it in lava, it's all fair game.

now we need everybody to read this entire thread and add their input Razz
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

monthly to bimonthly reset sounds good to me, could be even longer if we scrap towny, and a pvp tourny or a couple interesting minigame/maze/whatever type of deals before a reset sounds pretty fun too, that way people who get bored before reset there is lots of time to make pre-reset funtime shit. Sounds perfectly balanced and exciting to me. This would ultimately alleviate the need for the type of modding we have right now too. One main protected spawn point where you can trade, and beyond that everybody gets maybe a week or something to wander and find a home, PVP is a nono for that time period, and after that it's a massive free for all, griefing, trapping, assholing, pvp, setting the entire world on fire or burying it in lava, it's all fair game.

now we need everybody to read this entire thread and add their input Razz
thats pretty much what I thought, thats why you need a reset each month prefably, so there isnt too far between the pvp event. Very Happy
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 am

MAIN IMPORTANT POST

just going to recap/add some ideas to what I think will make this type of map more exciting

- scrap towny and all personal protections

- keep the unique items in the game but reset the locations that they are hidden in on every reset

- no more minimap

- no PVP for the first week (utilizing the forums for announcement and dates)

- protected spawn point

- some method of protected trading at /spawn

- get rid of /locate and add coordinates instead

- get rid of mob disguises and /snicks

- add a friend system so you can only specifically identify people you may choose to live and work with by a nametag (ex. I add Enlighten as a friend, he accepts, now we can see each others' names above our heads, otherwise we could not)

- way less guns, and no more super powerful exploding cannon-type guns, or just a puckle-like gun of that type that is super expensive

- get rid of W3 and add the nether instead, or a very small separate world where additional resources can be obtained

- add archers, weaken spiders, add slimes and/or possibly a slimeball recipe

- turn on natural structures/testificates

- (if it were possible, setting a mon-spawning limitation on each individual chunk or biome would alleviate spawner issues)

- tournaments/minigames/maze competitions at the transition point between resets, win prizes like steam games, ingame items that carry over to the next world, and so on

ALSO - mcmmo could be kept in if character stats are maintained between resets, which keeps an added benefit for those who have donated

anything to maximize the variety of obtainable items would be awesome, because the game will end up being WAY less about hording goods and making money, and way more about building areas that are protected by traps or areas that are extremely well hidden. This is why adding testificates might be a good idea, putting a village at /spawn and implement trading with them would expand how quickly and easily people can obtain what they need.

that's it for now, might add more later

Last edited by Ghilliedhu on Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 am; edited 6 times in total
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by EF Wed May 30, 2012 5:15 am

i only read the first and last post but i like your ideas Ghilliedhu.
EF
EF

Character Name : ExplodingFart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 am

EF wrote:i only read the first and last post but i like your ideas Ghilliedhu.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it, and yeah, I guess only the last post in the most important one.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 5:25 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

Thanks dude, I appreciate it, and yeah, I guess only the last post in the most important one.
I mentioned free stuff.
Free games are not important? If timed somewhat well the prize could be a indie bundle? Who dont want a free indie bundle? I mean, not everyone can actually buy shiz online. :>
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 am

Elenrai wrote:
I mentioned free stuff.
Free games are not important? If timed somewhat well the prize could be a indie bundle? Who dont want a free indie bundle? I mean, not everyone can actually buy shiz online. :>

oooh, yes yes, I thought I added that to the recap thingy, I will add it now, and it's a great idea in my opinion, yes, but somebody is going to have to fork over the cash for it Razz
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

oooh, yes yes, I thought I added that to the recap thingy, I will add it now, and it's a great idea in my opinion, yes, but somebody is going to have to fork over the cash for it Razz
I had a facebook lottery a while back.
7 winners.
TWO FUCKING PEOPLE CLAIMED THEIR PRIZE! ._.

PvP tournament:(Itz, punt me the 31st, then ill resend it to you Wink)itzdom wins, steam bugs out and dont give him the game.

But seriously, if people claim their prizes at the same rate ill pay! (against getting advertising for the meta community im working on, derp)
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 am

Removed the 'everybody please read' bit in case people thought this was an announcement.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

Back to top Go down

Post by Elenrai Wed May 30, 2012 6:05 am

Enlighten wrote:Removed the 'everybody please read' bit in case people thought this was an announcement.
Isnt this posted in suggestions? ._.
In that case its a tad pointless to remove it, its the only way of communication apart from hunting people down individually (which can be fun >:3)
Elenrai
Elenrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 6:11 am

Enlighten wrote:Removed the 'everybody please read' bit in case people thought this was an announcement.

I suppose that means that you could not be less interested in the entire idea then, eh?
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbaDing Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 am

Ok my views:

1. I think removing towny is a good idea but informal settlements encourages griefing. Whining will be unbearable.

2. Monthly/Bi-monthly is too frequent, every 2 months at the shortest I say because people who don't play every day will never get anywhere in the game

3. A PvP tournament will end up with the same people winning every time, i.e. whoever has the diamond sword and armour and highest swords stat will demolish everyone with ease.

4. Guns should be completely removed, along with cannons. Too over powered in my opinion. Especially the 'blinding effect.'

5. The problem with mazes and stuff is, who builds them?

6. Also, who pays for the steam game prizes?

7. If towny is removed, so should iConomy and people should trade with items rather than money.

8. Teleport warm-up should be taken off
BubbaDing
BubbaDing

http://www.chelseafc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Wed May 30, 2012 6:19 am

1. the point is to discourage settlements and encourage individual or group housing that is well hidden or well defended with traps and such, if everybody understands that there is nothing but their own ingenuity protecting their shit, I don't see it being a bitch-fest

3. I disagree. The PVP tournament could be a round robin, the person who was able to survive the entire 2 month map without having their shit destroyed will probably win because they will have more/more powerful items.

4. anything more powerful than a bow should either be removed or become EXTREMELY expensive, or yes, just get rid of them all

5. whoever gets tired of the current map (perhaps after getting pwned) and would rather not partake in further ruthless PVP/griefing until the next reset.

6. good point, not sure

7. not sure what iConomy is, but testificates are heavily used for item trading now as well

8. Agreed, also /tpa should be completely removed unless it can be set so it can only be used after permission is granted.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 am

I only think nades should be removed. Back in the day with only cannons, war was much more noble and strategical. Now we run in and fling them all over the place without need for planning.

Towny must stay coz it is cool. Iconomy stays too coz it's also cool. What we need is an npc super creature that terrorizes us all and wanders around the map. We shall name him something scary and he has to be huge. Everyone would make defenses and work together with towns to hunt it down and slay it. It should have a massive army too and it should get stronger all the time.

Last edited by Grim on Wed May 30, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Warrio)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Wed May 30, 2012 6:23 am

Grim wrote:I only think nades should be removed. Back in the day with only cannons, war was much more noble and strategical. Now we run in and fling them all over the place without need for planning.

Towny must stay coz it is cool. Iconomy stays too coz it's also cool. What we need is an npc super creature that terrorizes us all and wanders around the map. We shall name him something scary and he has to be huge. Everyone would make defenses and work together with towns to hunt it down and slay it. It should have a massive army too and it should get stronger all the time.

More friendly suggestion than agro one.. Yeah i like it.

Well Aleck , you clearly want a Harcore PvP server.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 am

The End Game concept is an interesting one, for sure. And yes, grenades should be toned down a bit. Too out of hand as of late.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 am

I actually like Grims idea a hell of a lot...Giant warrio like creature that roams the Rift (thats what i named the map Razz )
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 am

I think we should move this discussion to the chat and sum it up for those that aren't here atm in 1 single post Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum