Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Riftland BETA (v0.2) is here.

Go down

Riftland BETA (v0.2) is here. Empty Riftland BETA (v0.2) is here.

Post by Enlighten Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Riftland BETA
Attention Beta Testers! The 9th of February officially marks the end of the Alpha stage of Riftland. This means that the server will be open to select beta testers which is no one but yourselves, and the build version has shifted from v0.1 to v0.2. Here are some questions that may be floating around in your head that I will answer now. Please read these before playing.

What is the point of a beta?
The closed beta is a phase where I can patch and fix bugs that could potentially cause major damage if exposed to the public community, where it can be easily be exploited. Also it helps me save face if I have missed out any embarrassing bugs Wink To test every group's functionality, the first few days will consist of everyone being a 'Member'. After that, everyone will become a VIP and then eventually to VIP+.

So what is my role as a beta tester?

You essentially are my last line of defence in terms of bugs. I have invited you based on the assumption that you are responsible, reliable and honest human beings. So that means you play on the server and if you spot a bug, you immediately report it in the Bug Reports section of the forum so I can fix it before the public release no matter how minor it is.

Will I be rewarded as a beta tester?

I know you will be avoiding this question as it could potentially be a sensitive question but I'll be honest with you; being invited to play on Riftland is a great reward in itself but provided that you do not cause any trouble, report bugs be a friendly member of the community, I don't see why you shouldn't be promoted a rank or two. Moderators will be chosen in v1.00 in the public release, there will be no need for moderators in the closed beta.

How can I become a moderator?
As with the rewards, just be helpful, friendly and be a model member of the community by actively making an appearance (in a good aspect) whenever possible. Just because you were a Moderator/Admin on previous servers, it does not guarantee you a place here but it definitely helps, so don't think you've got it covered.

Important things you should know about the current build:

- Local Chat has been introduced, you cannot hear people talking in local chat if they are more than 300 blocks away from you. To speak in the global channel, place a ! before your message, e.g: '!hello world'.
- There is a money system on the server. Use '/warp bank' to exchange minerals for cash.
- Diamond Pickaxes can be used by anyone.
- You can make shops, learn how:

Spoiler:
- Fishing has been improved, try it out.
- You can now detonate TNT by breaking it with a torch.
- Wool is still a rarity, you can make it from strings, obtainable by spiders/fishing.
- Gunpowder can be found from some animals and fishing. Please note that it is very rare!
- RPG Skills are back; and more skills are available to Members than before (Axe, Mining, Swords, Unarmed, Woodcutting).
- You will drop iConomy money when you die, it will stay on the floor and can be picked up by anyone like an item.
- Craftbook Bridges, Doors and Gates are back.
- Right-clicking Bookshelves give a random, but potentially life-changing statement.
- Hostile Mobs won't attack you unless provoked or on fire.
- Skeletons, Endermen, Slimes, Sheep and Squids didn't make it to Riftland.
- VIPs and VIP+s have priority when joining a full server.
- Lockette is back so you can lock your chests. You place a sign in front of the chest and put [Private] on the top line. You then write your own name in the second line.
- Towny should be bug-free this time.
- Please don't stray out too far, I have generated 5000 blocks out and if you go further, the server may lag.
- If the server does lag, please note that this is a BETA and I will upgrade the server when it is released to the public.
- Anticheat and AntiXray is fully functioning as normal.
- New death messages that I wrote.
- More stuff I can't remember, I'll update the list if anything important comes to mind.

Now that you've read all the Beta information, go do some playing!

https://riftland.forumotion.com/t38-playing-on-riftland-download

Known Bugs:

- Apple drops from trees are a tad overkill
- You can still interact with chest shops when not logged in
- Sometimes successful fishing does not give you a fish
- Lockette is not working for members as it is clashing with Towny
- Some typos in death messages
- Automatic broadcast messages are missing
- Fake Ores appearing
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager