Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Fortress Defence Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Fortress Defence Suggestions Empty Fortress Defence Suggestions

Post by Ghilliedhu Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 am

One thing that needs to be fixed for sure is that when you are killed you automatically /ma leave

this just stops people from idling or afking in the class picking area and stopping the game from beginning

also, don't know if this is possible but the amount of food/bow/sword/arrow stacks should change depending on the amount of people who join the match

also, also, don't know if this is possible, but can you make it so players can only place certain blocks in certain areas instead of fully restricting the area?

If so, it might be cool if you replaced the dirt with sand and kept the ground protected, but provided like 10 cactus pieces that could be placed around the arena for each match

also, also, also, just a suggestion but since you refuse to turn spiders down, why not implement poison spiders but not actually make them retardedly difficult to kill? I would rather be poisoned and deal with that then get juggled around by stupidly overpowered spiders with knockback

also, also, also, also can you make it so the mobs in the arena don't drop anything but gp and exp? no need for bones and special rare drops since we can't take them out of the arena, and the messages just spam the screen up

on that same note, can you turn off that stupid thing where you get fake-hit when you kill something and they drop something special, or whatever the hell triggers it, it's just a pain in the ass in the arena since that fake-hit can knock you off a ladder
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

Fortress Defence Suggestions Empty Re: Fortress Defence Suggestions

Post by DDSLoan96 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 am

ghilliedhu wrote:also, also, also, just a suggestion but since you refuse to turn spiders down, why not implement poison spiders but not actually make them retardedly difficult to kill? I would rather be poisoned and deal with that then get juggled around by stupidly overpowered spiders with knockback

You do realize that 1 poison hit will bring you to half heart right?
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am

DDSLoan96 wrote:

so I'm sure he can turn that down and make it take like a 1/4 health or something. Spiders are just so stupidly overpowered, one hit is pretty much a death in Fortress Defense because their knockback is so intense and their jump is so high that they can literally combo attack and juggle you in to other mobs. It's really just silly.

Since light is clearly not interested in testing out different levels of power with the current spiders I am proposing that a less stupid version of the spider be introduced, one that doesn't have intense knockback. Even if they did the same amount of damage but it was over the time of the poison effect it would atleast give the player an opportunity to run the hell out of the way and get to a place where they can heal.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:50 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:
DDSLoan96 wrote:

so I'm sure he can turn that down and make it take like a 1/4 health or something. Spiders are just so stupidly overpowered, one hit is pretty much a death in Fortress Defense because their knockback is so intense and their jump is so high that they can literally combo attack and juggle you in to other mobs. It's really just silly.

Since light is clearly not interested in testing out different levels of power with the current spiders I am proposing that a less stupid version of the spider be introduced, one that doesn't have intense knockback. Even if they did the same amount of damage but it was over the time of the poison effect it would atleast give the player an opportunity to run the hell out of the way and get to a place where they can heal.

Well it's not usually advised to rambo outside of the fortress in FD, hence the name, but I don't really know what to do. I personally prefer spiders buffed along with being neutral, as it allows for players to choose to challenge them or not so it's really at their discretion of whether they want to be eaten or not.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:17 am

Enlighten wrote:
Well it's not usually advised to rambo outside of the fortress in FD, hence the name, but I don't really know what to do. I personally prefer spiders buffed along with being neutral, as it allows for players to choose to challenge them or not so it's really at their discretion of whether they want to be eaten or not.

It's not about ramboing out, there is always one specific situation that is so shitty. There is a zombie or a skele in the corner and you have to stop camping and go up to snipe him. After killing him, the next wave spawns and if you are within the sight range of spiders, they will immediately climb the building and attack. If you can't get down the ladder hole, or if you aren't in to camping, their knockback can effectively toss you off the building entirely, and I have had it MANY times where I will be knocked in to a spider climbing the wall on the opposite side. Basically, if you are on the roof, and there is more than 1 spider up there, you are dead. Just seems kinda silly to me that you absolutely have to rely on cheap shitty strategy to actually kill a spider. You can't just tank one in FD, and it's extremely hard to do this in the wild as well. Unless you are in a hole and can basically take advantage of the spiders shitty AI, you are going to be either dead or almost dead.

I would be fun if there was an enemy that was actually that hard, but spiders jump and glitch and have terrible hitboxes, they are a bad candidate for being a super buffed mob in my opinion.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

Light a comprimise would be changing the slabs to full blocks. that is what causes the issue of not being able to get down
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am

DDSLoan96 wrote:Light a comprimise would be changing the slabs to full blocks. that is what causes the issue of not being able to get down

I would settle for this as it would at the very least solve the main issue in DF, but I would also suggest that spiders be toned down or crippled from their current OP status in general and that a new mob be added to random wilderness spawns that is actually super hard. Something like a buffed zombie pig that has a fairly low spawn rate might be a good trade. I just always figured that spiders were hard enough as it is due to their glitchy nature, shitty hitboxes and their ability to jump and climb.

Like I said, I'm not mad that there are hard mobs, because having hard bad guys is fun, but it would be nice if we didn't have to literally rely on silly things like having a hole in order to actually effectively get rid of spiders. It just feels like we are taking advantage of poor coding, as apposed to actually legitimately battling something.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down