Riftland: Steadfast
Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Riftland Forums!
For the Server IP or to play on Riftland, please register on the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riftland Trailer
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
really long
Riftland Trailer

Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World)

5 posters

Go down

Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World) Empty Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World)

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 1:19 am

Making a thread here so everybody can post their ideas and brainstormings regarding the new world.

I had an idea this morning that I don't think would be TOO hard to implement, just a few custom items and a modified mob.

My idea would be to make a craftable "scuba gear" armour that somehow makes it plausible to spend long durations of time underwater (perhaps some mixture of glass and lapis lazuli blocks?). I was thinking that it would be extremely cool for World 3 to be a feasible place to actually build in and live, and it would be even more amazing if we could build underwater cities ...

My other idea, to make this a bit more difficult and fun would be to implement squids, but maybe make them hostile if you come within a 5-6 block radius of them or something?
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Character Name : Aleck
Settlement : Konan

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World) Empty Re: Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World)

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

Here is one example of the armour, I will make the entire set if anybody is interested. Forgive my quick and imperfect MSPainting skills, this is just an example for now. I figure all the armour can be made using multiple-tier crafting recipes, perhaps some more efficient underwater tools as well.

Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World) Ixepk
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World) Empty Re: Suggestions for World 3 (Burning Sun World)

Post by Enlighten Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 am

Actually these are pretty good ideas, however it is currently impossible to make custom armour, although when this limitation is surpassed, I will definitely look to add something like this, thanks! As for the squids..I will add them in the next hotfix, I forgot to earlier.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 am

Enlighten wrote:Actually these are pretty good ideas, however it is currently impossible to make custom armour

Is this a Spout restriction, or just the coding of the item in general? I am curious as to why Spout limits us, and I have been wondering if there is anything myself or anybody else could do to help ... or are we waiting for Spout itself to upgrade?
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlighten Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:
Enlighten wrote:Actually these are pretty good ideas, however it is currently impossible to make custom armour

Is this a Spout restriction, or just the coding of the item in general? I am curious as to why Spout limits us, and I have been wondering if there is anything myself or anybody else could do to help ... or are we waiting for Spout itself to upgrade?

Yes, this is a Spout restriction which will probably be surpassed in a few months, when we fully migrate to Spout in the summer.
Enlighten
Enlighten
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character Name : Enlighten

https://riftland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 4:31 am

Finished a first-draft version of my idea HERE (picture is too big to post)

2-tier armour that is geared towards under-water mining and exploration

..considering making a similar obsidian/diamond tier-set that would potentially decrease sun damage
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Tue May 01, 2012 6:14 am

Also a buff when you drink water bottles that protect you from fire for 5 (or 10) secs would be great..

Usefull when run for it situations

Edit :

Also when player stays under sun light he gets that drunk effect (Was it nuesta ?)

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Tue May 01, 2012 8:25 am

Maybe a day night cycle where at night you dont get burned but one hit from a mob kills you if u have no armor and they are agressive
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 am

DDSLoan96 wrote:Maybe a day night cycle where at night you dont get burned but one hit from a mob kills you if u have no armor and they are agressive

That sounds too easy, I think that World 3 should ultimately only be somewhere you go when you have gathered enough stuff to survive there. More custom items that give small bonuses with weak durability would be good. Something needs to eat up resources more but be a useful sink for them, and specifically ones that there aren't much use for in Riftland. This will also boost the ingame economy and make the market more popular.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronDraconis Tue May 01, 2012 9:25 am

Seen the title...imagining you were about to talk about a survival world when you cannot get out at day or you will get burned to death and you must go outside only at night when all the creatures come out.
People must survive underground or in special glass dome cities >_>

God damn it, this topic dissapointed me Sad
BaronDraconis
BaronDraconis

Character Name : BaronDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 am

BaronDraconis wrote:Seen the title...imagining you were about to talk about a survival world when you cannot get out at day or you will get burned to death and you must go outside only at night when all the creatures come out.
People must survive underground or in special glass dome cities >_>

God damn it, this topic dissapointed me Sad

Have you not acknowledged the update? It's extremely similar to what you describe.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronDraconis Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

Have you not acknowledged the update? It's extremely similar to what you describe.

No...can you link me the thread please?
BaronDraconis
BaronDraconis

Character Name : BaronDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Tue May 01, 2012 10:57 am

https://riftland.forumotion.com/t601-v126-hotfix-changelog

There are portals at /t spawn that lead to a separate world that is essentially a post-apocalyptic version of the last server world, all towns and locations are where they were before (PKF, mercamp, etc.) but all destroyed, and the sun burns you unless you are sheltered or in water.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Think it would be possible to use magma cream as sun lotion in world 3? I get a few magma cream things from fishing and I thought they are rare enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 am

Grim wrote:Think it would be possible to use magma cream as sun lotion in world 3? I get a few magma cream things from fishing and I thought they are rare enough.

They are actually a lot less rare now that we have Blazes right at spawn in W3, if anything it should be ghast tears
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DDSLoan96 Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 pm

blazes drop blaz rods...magma cubes drop magmacream
DDSLoan96
DDSLoan96

Character Name : DDSLoan96

https://www.facebook.com/DDSloan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Thu May 03, 2012 12:13 pm

DDSLoan96 wrote:blazes drop blaz rods...magma cubes drop magmacream

1 Blaze Rod crafts in to 2 Blaze Powders

Blaze Powder + Slime Ball = Magma Cream

therefore all you need is Slimes and Blazes to get as much Magma Cream as you want, no need for cubes at all
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by DanGiZeR Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am

Ghilliedhu wrote:

They are actually a lot less rare now that we have Blazes right at spawn in W3, if anything it should be ghast tears

You gain blaze rods not magma creams by killing blazes..

Magma creams dropped by magma cubes.

DanGiZeR
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Character Name : DanGiZeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghilliedhu Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 am

Did you even read what I wrote? What the actual fuck.
Ghilliedhu
Ghilliedhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down